Monday, November 23, 2009

Coconut Rice and Award Time

Coconut Rice:


IMG_0155 copy


My Grandma will prepare all mixed rices(Kalavai sadam) during Kaanum Pongal(4th day of Pongal festival).But  i like to Eat only this rice in my childhood.Flavorful & Tasty one.I can remember in my college days my friend Hema will bring coconut rice along with Cauliflower kurma.We finish that full box with in a minute.It will goes well with pickle,pappad or Thuvaiyal.You can prepare this rice with Minimum ingredients available in ur kitchen. This is very good choice for lunch box. You can prepare this with in a minute if u have Shredded Coconut in hand.I added ginger,it will help for digestion.If u don't like u can avoid this.

 Ingredients: 

Cooked rice - 1 cup
Shredded coconut- 1/2 cup

For seasoning:

Channa dal- 1/2 tsp
Urad dal -1/2 tsp
Mustard-1/2 tsp
Groundnuts- 5 tsp
Green chilli-4
Ginger-1/2 tsp (finely chopped )
Curry leaves
Cashews - 3 tsp (optional)
Salt- To taste

Preparation method:

1. Heat the pan with 2 tsp of oil,add all seasoning ingredients.
2. Saute till it turns golden brown.
3. Now add required salt & mix well.
4. Add cooked rice,mix slowly.
5. Serve along with pappad or ur choice of any gravy.
IMG_0151 copy


I am sending this Recipe to EFM - Variety rice series  conducted by  SriLekha




I am really Happy to share this news with my Blogger friends. Indian Cooking Blogs selected my blog for
Blog of the week   section. I am so happy.Thanks a lot those who Nominated my blog for this section.

Award Time:

Rohini    share this Awards with me.Thanks a lot Rohini.

fabulousblog

InspirationAward

award2

loveblogaward

Anncoo from Anncoo's Hobby   Pass this award to me.Thank you so much Anncoo.

Appreciation Awards

I  like pass to this award with some of my blogger friends

butterfly_award_jpg1

 Rohini  
Anncoo  
ASRA..ASHAON KA 
Sangeetha subhash 
Priya
Sailaja
Babli 
Raje 
Lavi
Menaga


Friends please collect ur Awards