Tuesday, November 10, 2009

GajarPaak- Microwave Version

What is it to be without your laptop for 20 days??? Ask Me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Total shutoff from my World!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My God, My Laptop's LCD developed a problem, actually i broke it, yeah yeah, i broke it. i jus lifted it with my thumb finger pressing the LCD, thats it. Gone!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sent it for service, My Good Great Luck, The spare part was out of stock, they had to wait for all these days and finally, finally i got it today.I literally celebrated the home coming of my Great Pal.

Now coming to the recipe i m going to post now, GajarPaak, Made this for Diwali, My laptop took a break the next day after diwali. Thank god i had the ICC post in draft.Got this Recipe from the weekly magazine i get with the Newspaper. I tried this in Microwave.

Ingredients
2 cups grated carrot
2 tbsp ghee
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup full cream milk
1/2 cup khoya

cardamom powder - a pinch
Roughtly chopped cashew nuts for garnishing

Method
Add Carrots and Ghee in a Microwave Safe Bowl and cook @ high for 5 minutes. Add Milk and Cook @ high for 8 - 10 minutes or till the Milk dries up. No Probs, if there is a lil milk there, it will dry up when gajarpaak is finally done. Add Khoya, sugar and Cardamom powder and cook @ high for another 8 Minutes. Add Nuts and cook @ high for another 2-3 minutes.


This post goest straight to MEC Event - Sweets n Savories hosted by Paru