Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Sponge Cake (Cocoa)

This might not something special as I know many of you know how to make it. I did have a cocoa sponge base recipe that I used quite frequently but this is something I found which is better than my previous one.
It's quite easy to make and the result was good with a spongy, light and fluffy texture. My previous cocoa sponge was slightly dry whereas this one stay moist which you can eat it straight. Not only that, the main thing is the sponge can be used as a cake base for making all kind of celebration or party cake. Feel free to watch the video clip on how the lady chef did it as well as my final result of experiment. See how spongy it is :)

Cocoa sponge cake recipe for 8 inches round cake pan : whole eggs 203g、egg yolks 32g、caster sugar 135g、glucose 21g、 salt 1g、oil 32g、cocoa powder 21g、plain flour 106g、baking soda 1g、milk 21cc