Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Evolution Choux Pastry

I know I should post up some cookies at this time but let me do this first before the new year cookies. My dad loves cream puffs especially durian one. We are deciding to serve some cream puffs to our guests durian the CNY, so I've made some experiment on the choux and hope he will likes it.
Recently, we like to sandwich the choux with ice cream, since my freezer storing some different ice cream, that's really a good chance to experiment about it. Here, I've got papa choux which is the coffee bun topping, polo choux that is the polo bun topping and the other two topped with shredded coconut and diced almond. That's very simple, pipe out the choux then pipe out a layer of any toppings that I've mentioned above and bake. I personally like the polo choux very much, however each one of them got their own characteristic.
I made the choux slightly bigger than the normal cream puffs which is just enough to fit in a small scoop of ice cream. This is quite a fancy choux and I hope you will like it too or make something fancy to serve your guests in this CNY. Cheers!