Tuesday, February 09, 2010

snowy baltimore; dining room fireplace

I recently attended a party at Leigh and Corey's place (see Baltimore Rowhouse). There was a theme: Jersey Shore. As much as I enjoy Pop Culture - this one has yet to join my television repertoire. Nonetheless, I met another "blogger" while there. Summer, who has not blogged in, like, months, pointed out that "[I] sometimes blog a lot, and then not for, like, weeks." She's sweet - and honest. I'll follow her lead and just do this when the feeling strikes - or when the snow forces me indoors for 100 hours.

There is a ridiculous amount of snow here in Baltimore. These were taken during the first storm...




...and the day after. The backyard drifts are taller than a person - not to mention a huge dog.








Considering there is a step down when you exit that back door, this is an official crapload.

Now - Here is a before shot of this fireplace:


We first removed the rock and mastic, which left terribly damaged brick:


Unfortunately, I don't have pictures of the process. I used a fireplace safe backerboard to smooth things out. Then, I adhered a small, mosaic tile: