Thursday, December 16, 2010

The Tagging Chain!!

 After finishing my actual exams for my course, I was in for a surprise.  Nithu had tagged me in a fun questionnaire "I'm Tagged". We can form our own questions if we want to, but I found most the questions very logical and I did not find any reason to eliminate them. So I have answered those questions. I have made slight changes to a few questions but they are not much different from the original questions.

Shobha and Shanavi's Questions :


1. Are you a vegetarian, or have you thought about being one?
-Yes, I am a vegetarian.

2. Who inspired you to cook or bake?
-My Mom and My Grandma!!

3. How do you celebrate a favorite holiday of your choice?
-We have a family lunch together and play fun games.

4. Do you prefer to celebrate New Year's Eve with friends and/or family, or prefer to ring in the New Year quietly, and privately, at home?
-I celebrate New year's eve and New Year with my family because I want all of us to remain bonded together on the auspicious start of a new and a prosperous year!!

5. If someone were to ask you to bring dessert to a party, what would you bring? Store bought, or homemade, and if you were to make homemade, what would you make?
-I take great pleasure in cooking for people myself. I rarely get food from outside. If I were to prepare a dessert by myself, I would love to make Gaajar ka Halwa or Rava Kesari! These two are my all time favorite sweets!!

6. How will you celebrate your next birthday?
-The day would start by visiting the temple and a quiet dinner with my Husband!!If I were with my family, we would all go out for dinner!!

7. Do you have a New Year's resolution-and will you be sticking to it?
-I always make a resolution to be a better person all the time.We learn from our mistakes and I would not want to repeat any of them.

Gayathri's Questions :

1. What is your take on organic food , is it a big deal for you ?
-Organic food is considered to be more health and I prefer going with it as much as I can.

2. Do you time your breakfast,lunch & dinner or eat when you are hungry ?
-I stick to specific times for food of-late and I never skip breakfast!!

3. What is your inspiration to write a food blog ?
-Cooking has been my passion since long. I have always wanted to write a cook-book as I wanted a neat printed version of all my recipes. But one day when I was watching the movie Julie and Julia, the entire concept of blogging got introduced to me and thats how I landed here!!

4. How do you get new ideas for recipes?
- I like to keep our traditional food very alive. I try to fuse our traditional cooking with a lot of veggies available here and create a new fusion cuisine. In the end, it is just a trial and error method that will create a brand new dish!!

5. Name three ingredients you consciously avoid or eliminate even when the recipe calls for it ?
-Eggs, Aji-no-moto and any dairy product (cheese/yogurt) that has animal by-products like rennet/gelatin.

6. Name three things you have to use in most recipes ?
-Butter/Oil, Cumin seeds and Cilantro.

7. How important is eating meals together as a family to you?
-Eating meals together is the only way of getting together everyday. Each one gets so busy with work and studies nowadays that the age-old concept of eating together is fading away.As far as I am concerned, I need to make sure that the family eats together at least one meal a day.

8. You do not like a particular dish at your favorite restaurant, what will you do?
-We hardly go out to restaurants to eat. But if we do go to some place and the food is bad, I would leave comments on their feed-back form or approach the restaurant manager to give him my feedback and to ensure that they serve good quality food !

Now to all the others that I am going to tag!! You can answer any set of questions or you can
pick any question from both the set and can form your own set of questions. The choice is completely yours. Please do pass on this tagging chain and keep it going!!
  1. Priya Sreeram
  2. Priya
  3. Raji
  4. Kurinji
  5. Divya Vikram
  6. Vibaa Sridharan
  7. Preetha
  8. Pushpa
  9. Sayantani
  10. Siri
  11. Subhashini
  12. Shivani