I have a friend/neighbor who cannot eat the regular flour, so she uses gluten free flour. She is a wonderful cook and makes lot many things without using the regular flour. Wow she is awesome, cos we eat everything and still find faults, but she comes up with so many things that I feel it's amazing.
Once I had these scones at her house and was amazed to hear that they are made out of gluten free flour which has almonds in it. I immediately asked her the recipe and borough'd a packet of that flour. From then I have been doing this, but never got a chance to put this recipe in my space. :)
You can also make lot of things with the same flour, such as pancakes, bread, scones, muffins etc., These scones are an awesome breakfast and a evening snack with a cup of T or coffee which is very healthy too. I enjoy it both ways!
Lets go to the recipe now! :)
2 1/4 cups Gluten Free flour (I used Pamela's Wheat Free and Gluten Free Flour)
1 tsp Baking powder
4 tbsp Butter (Melted)
1/3 cup Sugar
2/3 cups Milk/Water (I used Milk)
1/2 Dried Cranberries (I have tried the same recipe with raisins/currants too - so it's your choice, you can use any dried fruits or nuts instead)
1. Preheat oven 375F.
2. Mix in the flour, sugar, baking powder, then mix the dried cranberries.
3. In an another bowl mix butter, milk/water and egg and add it to the flour mixture.
4. Mix until just blended, make sure you don't over mix.
5. Now just spoon it over a baking sheet making sure that each scone batter is 2 inches apart.
6. Bake it for about 15-17 mins.
7. You can enjoy these warm scones with a dollop of butter on top.
You Might Also Like:
|Apple Cranberry Whole Wheat Bread|
|Banana, Cranberry, Carrot and Honey Mini Muffins - Healthy and Low-Fat|