Whenever I am not well or feel lazy, TH becomes the cook of my kitchen. And, I know by default what he cooks. Egg, egg and only egg.
I had never seen preparing recipes other than egg when I am not available. He usually says that the egg makes his job easier and reduces the time to stay in the kitchen.
I find it correct anyway. It is always easy to prepare and helps when nothing available at home.
Here is the recipe from TH, the simple, easy, colourful egg bhurji. Enjoy!!!
Preparation Time: < 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Oil - 3 teaspoons
Mustard seeds - 1/4 teaspoon
Cumin seeds - 1/2 teaspoon
Green chilli - 2 nos, slit or finely chopped
Onion - 1/2 cup, finely chopped
Capsicum/Bell pepper - 1/4 cup, any colour, finely chopped, optional
Eggs - 4 nos
Salt - to taste
Pepper powder - 1 teaspoon
1) Take a wok and heat oil in it.
2) When it is hot and not smoking, add mustard seeds and cumin seeds. Allow them to splutter.
3) When crackle sound of mustard seeds reduces, add green chillies.
4) Add onion and saute till it turns soft.
5) Add capsicum and saute without changing colour.
6) Break eggs one by one and leave it for a minute.
7) Start stirring continuously to form lumps. Initially it would look like messy as shown in the picture.
8) Stir it continuously till the eggs are not sticking with the pan.
9) Now, add salt and pepper as per the egg quantity and stir well.
10) Serve hot with steamed rice or chapati.
1) Roast and make a powder of cumin seeds and black pepper corns. Add this at the end of the preparation of egg bhurji. If you are doing this, skip adding the cumin seeds for the seasoning.
2) Addition of capsicum is completely optional. As TH and I like capsicum a lot, we added to this bhurji.
3) Avoid green chillies and increase the pepper quantity, if you are going to serve for kids.