Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Badam Kheer - Foolproof method

Making badam kheer doesn't have to be a tedious process. I made it in 10 minutes. I also made sure that it is low in fat. This and green mung sundal are my offerings to goddess Saraswathi today.

Serves:2

Ingredients:
Almonds-1/3 cup
Evaporated milk-1 cup
Low fat(2%) milk-1 to 1.5 cups
Cardamom-a pinch
Saffron- a few strands
Sugar- as needed(I added about 2.5 tbsp :)) or condensed milk
Method:
Soak almonds in hot water for 20 minutes and peel the skin.
Grind almonds with little water to make a thick paste.
In a deep vessel, add 1/4 cup of milk and ground paste and simmer it for 5 minutes until raw smell of the paste goes off. Now add evaporated milk, saffron, cardamom, rest of the milk, sugar and simmer for another 5 to 8 minutes.

This is my entry to JFI Festival treats hosted by Srivalli.