Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Carrot Bell pepper soup or B for Bell pepper carrot soup

No. I am not going to continue this series till Z. It is just a coincidence that my dish starts with B. After trying low fat Mysore pak(Besan Burfi) which turned out to be a disaster, I lost the mood to make sweets for diwali. Though it was low fat, I felt guilty having them cause it had 2 tbsp of ghee and loads of sugar(yeah I tried making mysore pak with 2 tbsp of ghee and no wonder it became a halwa!). To compensate for the intake of mysore pak, I walked, walked and walked 3 miles and ended up making Carrot bell pepper soup for dinner by following Laavanya's Carrot coriander soup recipe.

I didn't have coriander leaves, so I substituted it with green bell pepper(1/4 cup). I also added little milk in the end to make it extra creamy. Otherwise I followed the same method. I am a soup fan and I liked this one very much!

Note: Adding more than 1/2 tsp of sambar powder will make the soup spicy.