Friday, October 10, 2008

Peanut Masala Bath

You will not believe how much enthusiasm I had in making this dish. When I read Easycraft's (click here for the recipe)recipe for peanut masala bath, I decided to make it for dinner. I ran to the grocery store just to buy peanuts before dinner time and made it. I have never liked Vangibath made with brinjal or capsicum. But I liked peanut masala bath a lot. It is a nice substitute for veges. Oops I got the name interchanged in the above picture:)

Note: Grind the peanuts finely else your mouth will ache.

Some of my foodie friends know that I tried making Thattai and ended up with a few minor burns on my hand. I am so embarrassed to tell you that I couldn't make out the difference between rice flour and corn flour that day.. Yes! I was actually making thattais using corn flour. When I was kneading the dough, it was so sticky and I thought I had bought a bad quality rice flour. It did not strike me that I was using the wrong flour :) I realised it the next day when I was searching for corn flour in my pantry to make sweet corn soup. Isn't it funny?