Friday, October 14, 2011

Raspberry Muffins





My another experiment with baking is raspberry muffins. I adapted this recipe from here and reduced the quantity of ingredients in to half as I prepared only for me and my husband. I used fresh raspberries and with the batter you can make 6-7 muffins. Instead of raspberry, you can also use strawberry, blueberry and blackberry. Good thing is you can also use whole wheat flour instead of all purpose flour. But I used only all purpose flour.



Did you know? Raspberries are high in vitamin 'C' content and it has about 50% of the recommended daily allowance.



Basic Information:

Preparation Time: 15 minutes

Cooking Time: 20-25 minutes

Makes: 6 muffins








Ingredients:



Butter - 1/4 cup

Sugar - 1/3 cup

Egg - 1 no

All Purpose flour / Whole wheat flour - 1 cup

Baking powder - 1 teaspoon

Salt - 1/4 teaspoon

Milk - 1/4 cup

Vanilla extract- 1/4 teaspoon

Raspberries - 1/2 cup

Cinnamon Sugar mix - to sprinkle on top of muffins (Optional)

---