Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Week 5 & 6 Blog Hop Wednesday - "Blueberry & Dates Cream Puree/Shake in a Cup" and "Sweet Corn Pancake"

Blog Hop Week 5 - "Blueberry & Dates Puree/Shake in a Cup"
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


First of all I would like to appologize to Radhika of "Tickling Palates" and Madhusmita of "Red Spice.in", as I could not post a recipe for my previous blog hop the reason being that I was very sick and quite busy with other things, but did inform to both that as I when I get time will post the recipe.

So today I am bit ok, sos thought of combining both the weeks blog hop to one post. I hope Radhika will understand.

Ingredients:
-----------------
1 small box of fresh Blueberries
6 Dates
2 tbsp + 1 tsp cup Whipped Cream (I whipped heavy whipping cream with little bit of vanilla essence)

Method:
------------

1. Grind the blueberries and dates in a blender to a paste adding 2 tbsp of whipped cream if you feel it needs some water. Don't add any water.
(Note: Make sure all the ingredients are cold, just out of refrigerator).


2. Transfer this puree/shake into serving cups and decorate with some more whipped cream and top it with blueberries as garnish.

Blog Hop Week 6 - "Sweet Corn Pancake"
---------------------------------------------------------------

I made this recipe yesterday for dinner, but did not plan for the blog hop, as I am just recovering from my sinus sickness. I decided to post this recipe for this weeks blog hop, as because this week my partner is Nupur of "UK Rasoi" and when browsing her recipes did find similar recipe of hers too. 

I thank Radhika of "Tickling Palates" for giving us a chance to view and browse through other fellow bloggers recipes and try it with our own style and ingredients.

So here is the recipe:

Ingredients:
-----------------
3 Sweet Corn on the Cob seperated
1/4 cup Cornmeal
1/4 Rice powder
1/2 Parsely leaves chopped
1/2 cup grated Cheddar Cheese
1/4 tsp Cayenne Pepper powder
Salt and Pepper to taste

Method:
-------------
1. Grind all the ingredients in a mixer and grind it to a fine paste and transfer into a bowl.
2. Heat a non-stick pan or a dosa pan, when it's hot enough add one ladle of batter and spread it bit like  uttapam shape (bit thicker and smaller than a dosa).
3. Allow it to cook on a medium flame for about 3-4 mins and carefully flip it and press a little bit, thena gain cook the other side for more 3-4 mins. 

4. I did not use any oil to it...it's your choice to either add oil or not.


Sending this recipe to: Archana and Priya.