Baking an egg less pound cake was my dream. But, one of my friends who is expert in baking advised me to try an egg version first and then try for egg less one. I suddenly remember this cake which I bookmarked from Nags where she adopted it from The Temptations.
Except the dark brown skin, the cake tasted scrumptious. I was left with only 3 pieces to shot the picture and somehow I managed to click few pictures. Hope you all adjust with the picture and enjoy the cake.
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Cooking Time: 45 minutes
Makes: 10 - 12 slices
All purpose powder / Maida - 1 and 1/3 cups
Granulated Sugar - 1 cup, make a powder of it
Baking powder - 3/4 teaspoon
Salt - 1/2 teaspoon
Sweetened condensed milk - 1 cup
Unsalted Butter - 1 cup, whipped at room temperature
Eggs - 2 nos
Vanilla extract - 2 teaspoons
1) Preheat the oven to 325F or 180C.
2) Grease the pan with butter and roughly dust with flour. I used loaf pan with measurement (2lb, 25CM X 12CM).
3) Sift together the flour and baking powder and set aside.
4) Take a mixing bowl and mix sugar, butter and salt. Beat it using a whisk for 2 minutes or until fluffy and creamy.
5) Add the condensed milk and continue beating until the condensed milk is incorporated with butter sugar mixture.
6) Add the sifted dry ingredients to the mixing bowl and mix until both the mixture are properly incorporated. It will take 5-10 minutes of time.
7) Add the eggs and mix just until it combined with the flour.
8) Add vanilla extract and mix again for 5 minutes. Scrape the sides of mixing bowl.
9) Transfer the batter to the prepared loaf tin as said in step 2.
10) Bake it for 45 minutes or until the tooth pin inserted into it came out clear.
11) Cool completely for sometime and transfer the cake to the cooling rack. I couldn't take picture of it, as it was taken already by my family members.
12) Cut them into slices and serve. You can also store in a air tight container and keep up to 5-10 days.