Monday, August 20, 2012

Guest Event: VFAM - "PAPAYA"



This is again a very very exciting event for me to guest host, because the fruit I have choosen is one of my childhood favorite fruit. I am very happy to share some of my experiences all about this fruit and my childhood. We had papaya tress in our house and I remember eating them a lot and still didn't loose the interest to eat more and more. Now I just have those wonderful memories, but still never loose a chance if I can eat one. Not so many times I get to eat here, but still whenever I get a chance I eat a big one and make myself so satisfied. But the one thing I still want to say about the difference in taste is that, it can never taste as better as a home grown and the one I ate all through my childhood. hmmm.....so yummm!! :):)

Well I need to wake up from my dreams now and talk about more on the guest event that I am hosting and the benefits of eating this fruit......

Well I am guest hosting this event for Priya of "Mharo Rajasthan's Recipes" and the name of the Event is VFAM - Veggie/Fruit A Month" and I choose "PAPAYA" as the fruit of this month.

Now lets talk about this wonderful fruit and the benefits of eating it....

* Papaya fruit is a rich source of nutrients such as provitamin A carotenoids, vitamin C, B vitamins, dietary minerals and dietary fibre. Papaya skin, pulp and seeds also contain a variety of phytochemicals, including natural phenols.
* The fruit can be eaten raw.
* The raw fruit is considered to be a vegetable and used in most of the Asian cooking.
* The papaya seeds can be dried and coarsely ground and used in the place of black pepper.
* In some part of the world the leaves of the papaya tree are streamed and eaten like spinach.

Well now to the main part of this post: The EVENT RULES:
---------------------------------------------------------------
* Use of Logo is Mandatory, as it will help to stread the word.
* The fruit should be the star of the recipe.
* It can be cooked or raw or any other form.
* It can be any course of the meal
* Only Vegetarian recipes please. (Eggs are allowed).
* Event Date August 1st to August 31st.
*Please link all your recipe in the linky provided.
(If you are unable to link or if you are a non blogger please send in your recipes to anu (dot) healthykitchen (at) gmail (dot) com.