UDUPI KRISHNA'S FAVOURITES FOR
Pancha Kajjaaya is another Udupi Speciality offered to Udupi Sri Krishna.The ingredients were quite visible and it was very easy to prepare it after tasting the special prasaadam from the bag of Sampoorna Prasaadam from Udupi.
Bengal gram dal - 1/2 cup
Grated copra ( dried coconut) - 1/2 cup
Sugar - 1 cup
Ghee - 1 tbsp
Cashew nuts - a few
Cardamom powder - 1 pinch
1. Heat a drop of ghee in a pan and add the Bengal gram dal.
2. Roast the dal till it becomes golden in colour giving out a pleasant aroma.
3. Cool the roasted dal and grind it into a coarse sand like powder.
4. Mix the coarse dal powder, grated copra,sugar and cardamom powder in a bowl.
5. Heat the remaining ghee and fry the cashew nuts to a golden colour and mix with the ingredients in the bowl.
Offer the crunchy and flavoursome Pancha Kajjaaya to the little Lord on His Janmaashtami and relish the blessed prasaadam.