Thursday, March 05, 2009

Peanut Butter Smoothie

No mood to bake these days especially chiffon cake. I've failed on baking chiffon cake since last year December and I don't really know what's wrong. Looking back to those chiffon I've baked, and I don't feel there are my works. I've really disappointed to myself.
Well, to get myself a relaxing mind and forgot about the failure. I've made a drink to cool down my mind, banana and peanut butter smoothie. I've been making my homemade peanut butter for years and I found this recipe is really tasty. For the peanut butter, I simply roast some peanut then take off the skin. Blend it in a blender until it become a smooth peanut butter consistency. I didn't add sugar in it as I normally spread another layer of blackcurrant jam on my bread and the sweetness was just nice. For banana smoothie, I used 1 big ripe banana, 1/2 cup nonfat milk , 1/4 cup plain nonfat natural yogurt, 1 1/2 tablespoons peanut butter. Put all the ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth. Ahh... I feel much release after this smoothie. Take a break, I shall try the chiffon next time.