Saturday, January 08, 2011

Answering TAG Questions

I have been tagged by Gayathri of Gayathri's Cook Spot and also by Jagruti of Joy of Cooking. Sorry Friends, i couldn't post my reply immediately!!!!So, here is my Questionaire


First Comes Gayathri's Questionaire

1. What is your take on organic food , is it a big deal for you ?
Organic food, a good concept, but too much on the pocket!!!

2. Do you time your breakfast,lunch & dinner or eat when you are hungry ?
It was once, But, I don’t find time to strict to my breakfast routine, Lunch and Dinner goes as planned.

3. What inspired you to write a food blog ?
I Love Cooking. Love to try a lot of recipes!!!! When I bought a New Oven, I started browsing for some MW Recipes. That was the time, I was introduced to Food Blogs!!! Was all excited to see the amazing pics and the comments!!! That’s how I got hooked on to the Wonderful World of (Food) Blogging!!!!

4. You try a new recipe and it does not turn out good,what will you do ?
This has happened many times. First thing, I will be a little Disappointed. Next I wud try to make something new out of it!!! If its not possible, I don’t fret much!!!! Try not to make the same mistake again the next time!!!!

5. Name three ingredients you consciously avoid or eliminate even when the recipe calls for it ?
Eggs, Fennel seeds,Mushrooms(My hubby doesn’t like it!!!)

6. Name three things you have to use in most recipes ?
Onions, Ginger, Coriander/Curry Leaves.

7. How important is eating meals together as a family to you?
I feel it makes a family strong!!! We try to eat atleast one meal together daily, mostly it is Dinner. But on the Weekends, we sit and have all three meals together.

8. You do not like a particular dish at your favorite restaurant, what will you do?
Call the Manager and let him know my Views!!!

I m Passing this on to 5 of my Blogger Buddies to Keep the Ball Rolling
Savitha Ramesh of Savitha's Kitchen
Akila of Akila's Kitchen
Umm Mymoonah of Taste of Pearl City
Jay of Tasty Appetite
Sapthanaa Balachander of Passion4Cooking


The Next set of Questions is from Jagruti

1. Are you a vegetarian, or have you thought about being one?
Yes, I m a Pure Vegetarian. We don’t even use eggs.

2. Who inspired you to cook or bake?
After College, I was living with my aunt. Started to Cook on my Own. That’s how I started experimenting. Love to collect lot of recipes. My interest grew stronger after marriage, since my hubby is a FOODIE!!!! He loves to try a variety of Dishes!!!! It’s obvious, if someone enjoys your food, you love to do more!!!!

3. How do you celebrate Christmas?...or a favorite holiday of your choice?
Definitely with my Family. We sit and Watch Polar Express Movie!!!!  I would love to Celebrate Diwali in India with all my Family and Friends. We Live in Dubai and Diwali here is just another day!!!! Its been a Soundless Diwali for us for the past 5 years. So Would love to go to India/Chennai for a Diwali!!!!!

Favourite Holiday, mmmmmmmmm!!!! We have never been on a holiday till now!!! We wanted our Kid too to enjoy the places we go!! May be this year we might plan a holiday!!!!

4. Do you prefer to celebrate New Year's Eve with friends and/or family, or prefer to ring in the New Year quietly, and privately, at home?
With Family and Friends & Loud Music!!!!!

5. If someone were to ask you to bring dessert to a party, what would you bring? Store bought, or homemade, and if you were to make homemade, what would you make?
100% Home-Made!!!!!! What to make, depends upon the occasion. If its going to a Pooja, then something traditional Like Kheer!!!! If its just a Friends meet for Fun, I would love to bake some Cake/Cookies!!!!

6. How will you celebrate your next birthday?
No plans as of now!!!! I normally don’t plan for my birthday, if its my Hubby’s or my kiddo’s, I always have something in my mind, But mine, I normally don’t!!!!

7. Do you have a New Year's resolution-and will you be sticking to it?
Its always been to lose some excess baggage that I carry around!!!! I was a bit successful last year, let me see whether I m able to make it this time also!!!!

I m passing this to 5 of my blogger buddies
Priya Suresh of Priyas Easy n Tasty Recipes
Nayna of Simply.Food
Jaleela Kamal of Samayal Attakaasam
Sameena of My Culinary Creations
Lataji of Flavors & Taste

Thanks a ton to all my Blogger Friends, who encourage me with their Beautiful Comment. It is so Good to see your comments!!!

Check out my other Marathon Buddies SrivalliPriya Suresh, JayMonikaRevaPJAzeema and Ayeesha