Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Pumpkin Cheese Cake



A wonderful memory of being with my friend’s family. I am talking about Bob (Robert) and his wife Hema who are in Cincinnati OH. I met them when I was in Ohio. On a Saturday we decided to cook a full lunch menu for Sunday and Bob would do the dessert while myself and Hema would do the main course.

I was very excited to taste his Pumpkin cheesecake, because I did never taste one. Basically I never liked Pumpkin at all, but after eating his cheesecake I changed my mind. The Cheesecake was wonderfully done right from scratch and it tasted delicious and Yum O! just as it looks.
I was able to eat only a small piece of it, cos I had a heavy lunch, so I packed half of the cake and had it all through the week sharing with some of my other friends. They all liked it very much. Thanks Bob! for your tasty Pumpkin Cheese Cake.


Ingredients:
------------
For Graham Cracker Crust:
-----------------------------
2 Packets of Graham Crackers (crushed to powder in mixer)
5 tbsp melted Butter

For Filling:
-----------
1 Can Pumpkin Puree (we are going to use only half of it)
1 Cup Sugar
5 Eggs
3 Pckgs of 8oz Cream Cheese ( room temperature)
1 small pcakage of crushed Walnuts for garnish
Method:
----------
To Make Crust:
----------------
1. In a 9" cake pan Spring Foam pan.
2. Preheat oven to 350F.
3. In a bowl mix all the crust ingredients and mix well
4. put all the ingredients into the pan and press it with a fork, first to flatten the bottom and bring the rest of it to the sides up into u can get it.
5. Bake it for about 5-8 mins or until the crust turns to golden brown.
6. Remove form Oven.

To make the filling:
-------------------
1. Mix all the filling ingredients except the eggs in a blender to make a smooth paste.
2. Add the eggs and mix again slowly just until it's mixed well. (Note: don't mix or blend too much, else it will make the cake too mushy).
3. Now pour this fillng mixture into the crust, sprinkle the walnuts over the top and bake it again for about 50-60 mins.
4. Once it's done, off the oven and let the cheese cake stay in the oven and keep it for about 2-3 hrs so that it can cool and come to room termperature. (Note: for good Pumpkin Cheese cake u can see some cracks on the top as in picture)
5. Enjoy this Yummy Pumpkin Cheese cake!