Monday, January 24, 2011

Semiya Upma/Vermicelli Upma

A Simple and Quickie Breakfast Menu.As mentioned in my earlier post, I always keep frozen veggies handy, to make my work easy.  I have used only Capsicum, Peas and Corn in this Recipe, since that 's what i had @ home. You can add Potatoes, Cauliflower, Carrots, etc.  To make the job even more easier, i store roasted vermicelli in my pantry. When i get my monthly provisions, i do all Roasting, grinding thingies a day, this makes job a lot easier in the Kitchen!!!! 


Ingredients
2 cups Roasted Vermicelli, Loosely Packed
3-4 Green chillies
1 Large Onion, Chopped
1/4 cup Peas
1/4 cup Corn
1 Large Capsicum, Thinly sliced
Salt to taste
1/2 tsp Coriander Powder
2 Sprigs Curry Leaves
Hing, turmeric each a pinch
Fresh Coriander leaves, Ginger Juliennes for Garnishing


Method
Heat oil in a Kadai, Splutter Mustard Seeds, Add Green Chillies and Curry Leaves. Add Onions and Saute till translucent. Add Rest of the Veggies and Saute well. Add 2-3 cups of Water and add Salt. Let the Water boil, Simmer the flame and add the roasted Vermicelli and Mix well. Let it cook, in Simmer flame, till the water dries up, you see thne vermicelli cooking up Soft and not sticking to the pan. Put the flame off, add the garnish and Keep it close for 5-10 Minutes. Serve Hot with a Chutney of your choice, We had it with Tomato Sauce!!!!
I m running a Blogging Marathon with some of my Blogger Buddies, Please Do check out their Recipes here SrivalliPriya, Suresh, JayMonikaRevaPJAzeema , Ayeesha ,VeenaUsha,Soumya and Gayathri.