Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Black N White - Wild or Indian Rice

Black and White Wednesday

I had been noticing this event for a long time and did want to participate atleast once..but did not get idea of what picture to take. Today I was just going through my pantry searching for something and found this wild rice...sot thought why not take a pic of this as it is naturally colored black and white and I don't need to do any camera tricks ;-, sounds easy right!
Ok, let me introduce the owner of this beautiful event, Susan of  "The Well-Seasoned Cook" started this event and love this and admire all the great photographers out there!

I would also like to mention some useful information about this wonderful WILD RICE or otherwise called as "INDIAN RICE".
Nutrition:
Almost always sold as a dried whole grain, wild rice is high in protein, the amino acid lysine and dietary fiber, and low in fat. Like true rice, it does not contain gluten. It is also a good source of the minerals potassium and phosphorous, and the vitamins, thiamine, riboflavin, and niacin.