Friday, August 12, 2011

Easy Spinach Pasta

I am someone who is lazy when it is coming to cook only for myself. Most of the time when I am alone, I go for ready to eat foods like breads and 2 minutes Maggi noodles. Yesterday it was the case where I didn't have breads though. I am bored with Maggi too.







Hmm. I have to cook to rescue myself. After a quick look into the kitchen cupboard and refrigerator, I have decided to cook this easy spinach pasta and yes, absolutely with Indian relish.



Basic Information:
Preparation Time: <15 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
Serves: 2


Ingredients:



For Pasta:



Penne pasta - 1.5 cups

Water - 3 cups

Salt - to taste

Olive Oil - 2 teaspoon



For Spinach:



Spinach - 1.5 cups, chopped and tightly packed

Onion - 1/4 cup, chopped

Tomato - 1/4 cup, chopped

Garlic - 1 big clove, chopped

Green chillies - 2 nos

Salt - to taste



Method:



1) Boil/Cook pasta by adding water, salt and olive oil. Once cooked, wash in cold water for 2 times and keep it aside. Cooked pasta should be firm and should not break.







2) Microwave the ingredients given for spinach for 3 minutes. Cool and grind once it is done. You can also choose your desired way to do this. Remember, you already added salt to pasta and make sure to add correct quantity to spinach.







3) Take a wok and heat a teaspoon of oil. Pour the ground spinach and stir till it cooked.

4) Add pasta and mix gently to make spinach to coat the pasta. Cook for 2 minutes.







5) Spinach Pasta is ready to serve.





I am linking this recipe to Ramya's Fusion Food - Pasta Event and Any One Can Cook - Series 29.