Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Lemon Parsley Rice


I always eat lemon cilantro rice when I go to Chipotle restaurant. I love the aromatic rice and the tangy lemon flavor, so I wanted to try that once at home. I know it is simple, but sometimes you feel like eating simple food which is so aromatic, refreshing and light. My mind started thinking something different, so when I opened the fridge I didn't see cilantro but parsley. I love the flavor of parsley and and use it more in Italian recipes and I know that Shoj and Anush will also like it. So I made this with lot of parsley and it was a great hit. I can say, it's the best dish for lazy days, it will surely lighten up your mind and feel fresh. Now lets go back to the recipe... :)

Ingredients:
------------
2 cups Cooked Rice ( I used Basmati Rice - cooked it with 3 1/2 cups of water and salt)
1 cup Parsley chopped
1 Juice of Lemon

Method:
---------
1. In a large mixing bowl, add the cooked rice when it's hot, mix with lemon juice so that each rice is well coated with the lemon tangy taste. (You can add less or more lemon juice according to your taste).


2. Allow the rice to come to a warm temperature and then add the chopped parsley and mix well again gently, making sure not to break the rice.


Note: Adding herbs at the very end of cooking or when the food is warm or cold will make the herbs retain it's color and release their aroma better and also will retain it's nutrients.

You Might Also Like: