Sunday, September 28, 2008

Matcha Sorbet

I've been using a brand of matcha powder bought from "Shaw House" at Orchard. I love its fragrant as the flavor works well for cakes or desserts and the color is so refreshing. I made few cups of matcha sorbet followed the recipe from "点心达人轻松学". It's simple to made and low fat. I think sorbet is low fat than ice cream as its made by water or milk. I used MEIJI low fat milk for the sorbet and reduce some sugar from the original recipe. I like this recipe as it's really refreshing.

Method:
  1. Boil the milk and cream in a pan.
  2. In another bowl, mix green tea and sugar until well combine. (I used about 40g sugar)
  3. Gradually add ingredients (2) to (1) and mix until the sugar and green tea dissolve.
  4. Filter the mixture and pour into a shallow dish.
  5. Cling wrap the dish and store in the freezer for 4 hours or overnight.
  6. Cut the freeze sorbet in cubes then blend in a food processor.
  7. Scoop out the sorbet and it's ready to serve.