Monday, September 29, 2008

Okra & Pearl Onion Curry


I am sending this recipe to Sunshinemom's FIC Green event.

I love Okra. I also love pearl/baby Onions. Somehow it did not strike my mind to combine these two lovely veges together. Of course I have made Okra subji with big onions. After looking at
Bhawana's "Okra with baby onion" recipe, I was too tempted to try this combination in my own way. Needless to say, it was great and I enjoyed every bite of it with Rice and Sambar.

Ingredients: Okra-1 pound
Baby Onions-1 cup(peeled)

Salt

Chilli powder-1/2 tsp

Turmeric powder-1/2 tsp

To Tamper:
Mustard seeds-1/2 tsp

Jeera-1/2 tsp

Oil-2 tbsp


Method: Heat oil in a pan. Tamper with mustard seeds and jeera.
When they crackle, add baby onions. Fry for a couple of minutes.
Then add chopped okra, salt, turmeric powder, chilli powder and fry till okra gets roasted.

Yummy curry is ready to go with rice or roti.