Tuesday, July 26, 2011

BuckWheat Idli


I soaked up 1 cups of buckwheat and didn't think of any recipe....hmm. I was really running out of ideas. I was already running out of time to make breakfast, so I just thought of making idli's out of it, but to my surprise, they turned out so good and fluffy than the usual idlis. I also add some zucchini, sour cream and yogurt. It was yummy and ate is just like that without any chutney or sambar. First I was tensed whether Anush will like it or not....he ate it just like he would eat the normal idli. So this is a winner recipe for me.

Ingredients:
--------------
1 cup Buck Wheat soaked in hot water for about 30 mins to 1 hr
3/4 cup Yogurt
1/4 cup Sour Cream
1 Zucchini chopped
1 tsp Eno (Fruit Salt)
1/4 tsp Oil
Salt to taste

Method:
---------
1. In a pan add oil and when it's hot enough add the zucchini and saute it until it become little soft for about 2 to 3 mins.
2. In a mixer grind the buckwheat and transfer it to a bowl and add the rest of the ingredients and the sauted zucchini and mix well and let it sit for about 5 mins, so that the batter will rise.


3. In a idli cooker, apply bit oil on the bottom and spoon the batter into the idli plates and steam it for about 15 mins on medium high flame or for 7 mins after the steam comes out.


4. Serve these fluffy idlis with your choice of chutney or sambar or you can just eat it like this plain and simple.

Copyright © Anu's Healthy Kitchen