Friday, July 01, 2011

Fish Mango Biriyani with Mango Coconut Curry


Fish and mango are my favorite combo. I remember whenever Mom made fish curry she always adds mango just because I like it very much. I used to eat all the mango in the curry. I never used to like eating fish in curry, as because we use fish with bones and it's kinda was hard to eat. I used to like the fish fry a lot. Now I eat both because it's healthy protein and has lot of omega-3.
When I saw these raw mangoes in the fresh vegetable market, I just picked 3-4 mangoes, I was so excited.
I came up with this recipe, because I didn't wanna eat the curry and rice always, If I would have made just the fry, I needed to make curry too, so to escape from aking two recipes, I wanted to make one...but finally I ended up making two curries...because the biriyani turned out so good and I had left over 1/2 of the mango too. :-)
Usually we use lemon juice in biriyani to make it little tangy, here I used mango...it was not too tangy but just right to be used for a biriyani. Shoj also liked this new recipe and Anush likes fish a lot, he too n'joyed a lot.

Please click on the links for the recipes:
--------------------------------------------------------





Happy to share this recipe for those who love fish and mango. :)


Sending this to Reva of "Kaarasaaram"  - Event: "Royal Feast Biriyani"