Friday, July 01, 2011

Strawberry Popsicle


Strawberries are my favorite and my son too loves them. This year too wen went for strawberry picking and got about 10lbs....:-) I know i kept picking and didn't realize that it would be 10 lbs. After I got it home...I prepared a cake, and made puree of the rest and stored it in the freezer and kept refilling the popsicles cups, as soon as we eat it. It went on for around 3 weeks, still I didn't get tired...but had real fun...eating homemade version of it.
Anush and Shoj also loved it better than the store bough one. This recipe is very simple and easy, yet gives a satisfaction that it has no artificial colors and that it's homemade. I prepared this a month back, but was busy posting other recipes and forgot about this.

Ingredients:
--------------
1 lb Strawberries, washed and pureed
1/2 Sugar/Honey (I used a combo of both)

Method:
-----------
1. In a deep bottom sauce pan add the strawberry puree, sugar and honey and bring it to boil in medium flame.
2. Off the flame and allow it to cool.


3. Fill in the Popsicle cups and enjoy this homemade version as and when you want.


Sending this recipe to the event:



Ayeesha - Taste Of Pearl City - Event Name: Any one can cook