Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Carrot Almond Honey Milkshake






I had this milkshake once when one of my neighbor made this and it was her mom's recipe. As soon as she told me about this recipe, I loved it. But she made this with sugar. When I tasted this milkshake it was bit sweeter for me, so I thought of making this with honey and cut down a little bit on the sweetness. I really like these type of healthy drinks especially to have in summer.
Shoj also liked it so much. Kids will love it too!
Anush also drank it without any fuss....Shoj was asking for more! :) 

Ingredients:
------------
2 large Carrots chopped
2-3 cups of Milk
1/4 cup Almond powder (toast it before making into powder)
1/4-1/2 cup Honey (can be changed according to your taste)
1 pinch Cardamom powder

Method:
----------

1. Boil milk and carrot in a pressure cooker for two whistles or until the carrot is cooked completely. Allow it to cool completely or chill it in the fridge.


2. In a mixer add milk, carrot, honey and almond powder and blend it to a milkshake consistency. The consistency can be made thicker or thinner as you choice.


3. Enjoy this colorful and healthy drink to beat this summer.


Sending this recipe to Event: "Veggie/Fruit of the Month - Carrot" hosted by Reva and Priya and Event: Fast Food and Not Fat Food hosted by Vardhini and Priya and Event: "Any One Can Cook" hosted by "Taste Of Pearl City"
.

 

You Might Also Like:


Strawberry Apple Mocktail

Green Mango Mint Summer Drink/ Aam Panna