Friday, July 01, 2011

Quinoa Chick Peas Pesarattu


Hmm....is this my Event that I announced for myself ?? Now sound like that to me...as I received only two recipes till now. :-(  Didn't wanna loose hope...so am trying new recipes myself and adding it to the event.
Good for me right!!

The previous day night I soaked these chick peas without thinking about any recipe for the next day. The very next day...we decided to leave early for shopping, so just made some quick breakfast and rinsed off the chick peas and kept it in the fridge and didn't use it.
The next day, I washed the chick peas again and didn't know what to make....so came up this quick idea...as because, quinoa does not need much of a soaking time. 
Here is another recipe for my own blog event! Ha ha...

Ingredients:
-------------
1 cup Quinoa washed and soaked in water for about 20 mins
1/2 cup Chick Peas soaked overnight or in hot water for about 1-2 hrs
1 small Onion chopped
1 Green Chili
1/4 inch Ginger
1/2 tsp Cumin seeds
Salt and Pepper to taste
Oil or Ghee as needed (I didn't use any :))

Method:
-----------

1. In a mixer add the quinoa, chick peas, green chili, salt and pepper, cumin and ginger and grind to a fine paste adding enough water to make a thick dosa batter.
2. Mix the onions into the batter until well incorporated.
3. Heat a dosa tava or pan and when it's medium high hot add a ladle of batter and spread it like a thick dosa.


4. Flip it once the bottom of the pesarattu turn golden brown and spread 1/4 tsp oil or ghee if you want to.


5. Cook the other side too and repeat the steps to make as many as you need.


6. I served these pesarattu with Spicy Peanut Garlic Chutney Powder. You can serve with your choice of chutney or chutney powder or sambar.