Friday, July 01, 2011

Mango Mint Sour Cream Dipping sauce


I made Chicken Kababs for the dinner party we were having at our house, but didn't know what to make as a dipping sauce. I thought the chicken kabab might be little spicy for those who do not eat much spicy food, so thought of making some dipping sauce which will suppress the heat front he kababs. 
Always looking and thinking to make something new, drives my mind crazy. It was almost time for our friends to arrive...I opened the fridge and saw mint, sour cream and mango, suddenly this idea clicked to my mind, because we usually add lime juice when we are making mint chutney, so I thought why not add raw mango instead of lemon juice and sour cream instead of yogurt.

So here I go making this last moment wonderful and flavorful dipping sauce.

Ingredients:
---------------
1/2 Raw Mango (peeled and chopped)
1 cup fresh Mint leaves washed
1/2 Cilantro washed
1/4 Sour Cream
1 Green Chili
1/8 tsp Red Chili powder
1/8 tsp Cumin powder
Salt and Pepper to taste

Method:
----------
1. In a blender add mint, cilantro, mango and green chili and grind it into fine paste adding little water if needed.
2. Transfer the ground mint mixture into a serving bowl, add sour cream, salt and pepper, chili power, cumin powder and mix well.


3. I serve this wonderful dipping sauce which tasted way better than the normal mint chutney with Chicken Kabas. You can also serve this with roti or naan.