Friday, July 01, 2011

Spicy Peanut Garlic Chutney Powder


I love making peanut chutney and powder especially it is very yummy and tasty to eat with dosas. I always asked my Mom to prepare the peanut chutney, whenever she used to make dosa. What more to tell, whatever my Mom makes it used to taste so good...miss her a lot. :-( She makes simple recipes tastes so good, can never replace Mom with anyone or anything. Hats off to all the Mom's in this world!


Ingredients:
------------
1/4 cup Peanut
7-8 Dry Red Chili
4-5 pods of Garlic
1/2 tsp Cumin seeds
1 tbsp Tamarind paste
Salt to taste


Method:
---------
1. In a pan dry roast each ingredient separately and allow it to come to room temperature except salt and tamarind.
2. In a mixer add all the ingredients and grind it to a coarse powder.



3. Very simple and easy right. The same recipe if you add water to it, you can make chutney of it.




4. I served this chutney powder with Quinoa Chick Peas Dosa.