Wednesday, June 08, 2011

Waffle Idli


If you have seen my post on Waffle Dosa, by now you would have guessed why I thought of this recipe. :-) (you can click on the link to find out). I made waffle dosa earlier, so I thought of trying this too, but to make this you might need a detachable waffle iron plate, like what I have with me. I have a electric toaster come iron, where I have detachable fixtures like sandwich maker plate, grill plate, waffle iron plate and a flat plate.
4 in 1 sandwich, waffle, grill and griddle

I hope you guys can also make one or just try something new out of it.

Ingredients:
------------
3-4 cups Idli batter ( click on the link for idli batter recipe - I use the same dosa batter to make idli's too, but make sure it's thick like the usual dili batter)

Method:
---------
1. Detach the waffle iron plate and grease with little oil or cooking spray and pour a ladle full of batter.
2. In a large vessel fill with around 1-2 cups of water and place a cup inverted so that you can place the waffle plate on top of it.
3. Now keep the waffle plate on top of it and cover it with a tight lid and steam it for about 15 mins or until it's done. (This method is the same as we steam the idli's, since the waffle iron is in rectangular shape, you need to select a vessel which fits the waffle iron.)
4. Now carefully take a spoon dipped in cold water and scoop out he idli's and serve it with you choice of chutney or sambar.

You might also like:
--------------------
Quinoa Idli

Rava Corn Meal Idli

Instant Rava Poha Idli

Idli Rava Idli
Chili Quinoa Idli