Saturday, November 19, 2011

Baked Kale Chips


Now that winter has started, I am seeing a lot of kale recipes in the TV cooking shows. I never used it in any of my cooking. Lately I also thinking that I need to use more greens in my diet. Ok, now that I got a chance to use it, I thought let me try something new. So I bought a big bunch of kale from the store....now I removed the whole bunch and was wondering if I need to use the whole bunch for the chips recipe....hmm...probably not. So I choose thick and small leaves, washed it and cut the thick stems and made these chips....they were bit towards the bitter side...but very crispy and can be easily eaten with steamed rice and some curry.

Now let me share some useful and nutritional information about kale.....


Ingredients:
-------------
1 bunch Kale leaves
1 tsp Olive Oil
Salt and Pepper as needed

Method:
----------
1. Preheat oven 350F.


2. Wash and wipe the leaves with paper towel. Remove the thick stems off the leaves.
3. Arrange the leaves in a baking sheet and drizzle olive oil over the top, and sprinkle salt and pepper.


4. Now mix gently with hand and spread the leaves again, make sure that you don't overcrowd the pan.


5. Now bake these chips for about 15-20 mins or until crispy. sometimes the thicker leaves seems to bit not crispy...but after you remove from oven and cool it, will become crispy.

You Might Also Like:
-----------------------
Italian Lentil Soup with Zucchini Chips
Grape Salsa with White Quinoa Tortilla Chips