Today I feel like eating chinese noodles, but didn't wanna get a take out. So I and Anush head to the store....when I saw these stir-fry rice noodles, I thought why not try this one....instead of the regular egg noodles. I never made a recipe with rice noodles, so thought it would be a good choice, as it was lunch time and we usually have rice for lunch. So thought this would be a alternative way of eating rice and a new thing to try and the other main reason being that it would not me much heavy like the egg noodles.
1 pkg/box Stir-Fry Rice Noodles (I used the thick ones)
1 tsp Ginger-Garlic paste or chopped ginger and garlic
1 Onion sliced
6 Brussel Sprouts (you can use cabbage, I used brussel sprouts as I didn't have any cabbage at home! :))
2 large Carrots thinly sliced lengthwise about 2 inch long
2 cups french cut Beans (frozen) or fresh beans sliced thin
1 Red Bell Pepper sliced thin
1 bunch Green Onions (white part sliced thin and green part chopped slantingly)
Salt to taste
1 tsp White Pepper powder
2 tbsp Soy sauce
2 tbsp Tomato ketchup
1 tsp Szechuan sauce
1/4 tsp Red Pepper flakes
Cooking Rice Noodles:
In a big pot of water, bring it to a boil, off the flame, add the noodles and let it sit for about 8 mins, stirring it occasionally. Strain it and add it immediately to the sauce you prepared.
Egg and Vegetable Stir Fry:
1. In a wok, or stir-fry pan add little oil, when it's hot add the eggs and keep stirring and cook for about 2-3 mins or until the egg cooks.
2. Remove the eggs to a plate.
3. In the same wok add rest of the oil, in medium flame, add ginger-garlic paste or chopped ginger and garlic, saute it for 2 mins.
4. Add all the vegetables and white part of green onion, cook it on a medium high flame for about 3-4 mins.
5. Now add all the sauces and ketchup, salt, pepper power and pepper flakes and stir it on high flame for about 30 secs.
6. Add the eggs, stir again, then drop the strained and cooked rice noodles, mix them all together, so that the rice noodles are well coated with veggies, eggs and the sauce.
7. Off the flame, serve it hot with the green onion on top as garnish.