Day 4 of Blogging Marathon, Today i m posting Snack food Options from a ReadyMix. This involved a bit of Cooking other than just mixing up. First one is a Veggie Cutlet and next one is Khatta Dhokla.
Instant Aloo Cutlet
1 Pack of Vegit Aloo Cutlet
- The Pack contains 3 Sachets and one Cutlet Shaper/cookie Cutter.
- Pack 1 is the Cutlet Mix, Empty it in a bowl and add 3/4th Cup of water and mix well. Let it sit for 10 minutes
- Pack 2 is the Batter mix, Empty it in a bowl and add 1/4th Cup of water and mix well without any lumps and let it sit for 10 minutes.
- Pack 3, Bread Crumbs Mix, Empty it in a Flat plate.
- Make Small Balls out of the Cutlet mix and flatten them in between your palms and Dip them in the batter mix and roll them over the Bread Crumbs. Repeat the same for the entire Cutlet Mix.
- Heat Oil for in a Deep Pan, When the oil is hot enough, Fry them in batches.
- Enjoy with Tomato Sauce.
1 Pack Gits Khatta Dhokla Mix
2 pinches of pepper/Red Chilli powder
1 tsp of oil
1/4 tsp of mustard seeds
a pinch of hing
few sprigs of curry leaves
- In a bowl, add 60ml or 1/4 Cup of Yogurt/Curd and 240ml/(little less than) 1 Cup of Water. Mix well.
- Now slowly, add the Dhokla Mix into this Yogurt-Water Mix. Mix well, without any lumps, let it sit for 5 minutes.
- Grease a pan with oil and Pour the Dhokla Batter into it. Sprinkle a dash of Pepper or Red Chilli Powder on top of it for an extra zing!!!
- Steam cook @ high for 15-20 minutes.
- Once it is done, heat a pan with a tsp of oil, splutter mustard seeds and few curry leaves and a pinch of hing. Pour this over the cooked Dhokla. Cut and Serve with Green Chutney.
I liked both the snack. Cutlet was Perfect for a Chill Evening and Dhokla, we have always tried the normal khaman Dhokla, we loved this Variety too.