Day 2 of Blogging Marathon, today i m posting Lunch ideas using Ready Mix. I have cooked 2 Food Options, first one is Kalandha Saadam or Mixed Rice using a Ready-made Vathakuzhambhu Thokku/Paste. Second one is Readymade Meal Mix - Sambar Mix.
Mixed Rice/Kalandha Saadam
2 tbsp of Vanthakuzhambu Thokku/Paste
2 Cups of Cooked Rice
1 tbsp Gingely Oil
1 tsp mustard seeds
2 Red Chillies (long ones)
2 Sprigs of Curry Leaves
2 tsp chana Dal
2 tbsp of Roasted Peanuts (Optional)
- Heat oil in a Non-stick pan, Splutter mustard seeds.
- Add chana Dal and Chillies and Curry leaves.
- Once the dal is roasted, remove the tadka from stove and pour over the Rice
- Add vanthakuzambhu Thokku/Paste to Rice and mix well.
- Garnish with Roasted Peanuts and Serve Hot with Crisps or Potato Curry.
1 measure MTR Sambhar Meal Mix
6 Measure Water
1/2 Potato, Peeled and Cubed
1 small Tomato, chopped
1 small Onion, chopped
1 red Chillie, Long Variety
1 tsp gingely oil
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
1/4 tsp methi seeds
pinch of hing
- Heat a oil in a Pan. Splutter mustard seeds, add methi seeds and chillie.
- When methi seeds change color, add chopped onion and saute.
- Add Tomato and Saute for sometime. Next add the cubed Potatoes and add Water.
- When the water starts boiling and the potatoes are Half-Cooked, add Sambhar Meal Mix and Mix well.
- Let the mixture boil for 10 minutes.
- Put of the Stove and Serve hot with Rice or as a Condiment with Hot fluffy Idlies or Crispy Dosa's.
I Liked the Mixed Rice better than the ReadyMeal Mix- Sambar. The Sambar had a Mild Sweet taste. It tasted good with Thayir Saadam/Curd Rice. I might prefer them as a Condiment with my Breakfast than with Rice.
Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM#10