I m really happy to be part of this Blogging Marathon Again. I was around till BM #6, after that Vacations and stuff it took me some time to settle down. Hats off to Srivalli for putting in so much of effort to make this Big Success!!!! This Time for the BM i have taken up the Theme : Cooking from a Ready Mix. Till Date, the ready-mix item i have used would be Gulab Jamun Mix, Dosa Batter and Noodles. So, Lets get down and check out Instant Food availabe in the market and see how good are they!!!
I have planned to Cover Ready Mix for Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Snack, Sweets and Chat. So For the Day 1 of the Blogging Marathon, I tried Gits Instant Rava Dosai and Tiger Brands Instant Oats.
Gits Instant Rava Dosa Mix
520 ml Water
Even though the package contains the necessary instructions, i m giving it again.
- Cut open the Pack and take the given powder/mix into a Wide Bowl.
- Stir in 520ml of Water, about 1 and less than 1/4 Cup of Water. Mix Well, without any lumps and let the batter sit for 10 minutes.
- Heat a Tawa, Spread 2 drops of oil on it, Wipe it well with a tissue. Take a Laddle of batter and pour it from inside to outside rapidly. The batter sets in fast, and you can see small holes appear on top of the dosa.
- Drizzle some gingely oil around and let it cook for a minute. when the sides are brown, flip it gently to the other side and Cook until crisp.
- Repeat the same procedure for the remaining batter. You will get approximately 8-10 Dosa's.
- Serve hot with Chutney of your Choice.
Yeah, Oats itself is instant cooking, then what is this instant oats???? This Comes with all the Garnishing!!! Jungle Oatso Easy, Apple and Cinnamon Flavor. Was it Delicious??? Oh yeah, it was, the Smell of Cinnamon and taste of Apple it was really Good!!!!
1 Packet of Jungle Oatso Easy
2 tsp of Sugar (optional)
- Boil Milk and Water Together.
- Empty the Oats into a Bowl and Stir in the Milk-water mixture. Mix Well.
- Let it sit for 2 minutes. Add Sugar and Mix Well.
- Garnish with a sprinkle of Cinnamon and some nuts (purely optional)
- Enjoy your Healthy Cup!!!
Loved both the Instant Mix. I was really happy to see the Rava Dosai come so well. Definitely will go for it, when i really dont have the time and energy to make from the scratch. The Oats Mix was also very good. The plus about this is, you can have it on the go, carry it in your Bag and Stir it @ Office, All you need is a Cup and Hot Water!!!