It is Blog Hop Wednesday!!!! I m happy to post on time this week!!! :) For this Week, i m paired with Sukanya of Saffron Streaks. She has an amazing Food and Travel Blog!!!! I chose to make Hara Bhara Kebabs and Mawa Peda. I have made so.me changes for the Hara bhara kebab recipe, so please follow the link for the Original recipe
Ingredients : Hara Bhara Balls
1 Big Potata
1/4 Cup Green Peas
10nos Stalk of spinach
1/4 tsp Cumin powder
1/4 tsp Coriander Powder
2 tbsp of Roasted Sooji/Semolina or Bread Crumbs
Salt to taste
Oil for frying
2 cloves of Garlic
1 small piece of ginger
2 Green Chillies
- Boil Potatoes and Peas and drain the excess water.
- Blanch Spinach and Drain. Both the Veggies should have no Water at all, or else the batter might turn watery
- Mash the Potates, peas and Spinach together.
- Add the minced ingredients and the masala powder and adjust salt. Mix well.
- Divide the mixture into equal portions. Shape them each into balls and flatten them inbetween your palms.
- Roll them over roasted sooji/bread crumbs and Deep fry in Oil.
- Serve hot with Tomato Sauce.
Ingredients : Mawa Peda
To Make Mava/Khoya/Khova
2 Litres of Full Cream Milk ( i used Amul Double Cream Milk)
- Take Milk in a Wide Non-Stick Pan and Boil it.
- Once it starts boiling, reduce the flame and Continue to boil till it reduces to Khoya/Solidified Milk/Milk Solids.
- It takes about 2 hours and a Watchful Eye for making this.
- Keep Stirring frequently to avoid burning and to scrap the solids on the sides of the pan. For this much quantity of milk i got 1 and 1/2 cup of Khoya.
Ingredients : For the Peda
1/2 Cup Khoya/Khova/Solidified Milk
1/4 Cup Milk
1/2 Cup Sugar
2 Pods of Cardamom, Crushed
Some ghee for Coating your palms
- Take Khoya/Khova/solidified milk and Sugar in pan and add milk to this mixture and keep stirring.
- The Mixture would come together as a mass. Take it off the flame. Let it cool for few minutes.
- Coat your palms with little ghee and pinch the mixture and make small balls out of it and make a small dent in the middle.
- Garnish it with any nut flakes and Serve.