Sunday, September 19, 2010

Crunchy Orange Muffin Cookies



Today I wanted to try my new mini muffin pan with some muffins…but I really didn’t want to bake any muffins either. Does that sound crazy….I am a bit in experimenting my kitchen. So came up with recipe where I can taste baked ingredients both as a muffin and as a cookie.
May be the idea sounds crazy but the result was way good.

(Note: you can store the batter for about a week in the fridge and use it as and when u want. These cookies/muffins stay fresh for about a week or more)

Ingredients:
-----------
1 cup All-purpose flour
2 cups sliced Almonds, finely chopped
7 tbps butter, melted
1/3 cup of Orange juice (preferably freshly squeezed)
1 ¼ cup Sugar

Method:
---------
1. Mix all the ingredients and refrigerate this batter this for about 1 hour.
2. Preheat oven to 375F. 

3. Pour this batter in mini muffin pan and bake it for about 15-20 mins or until it turns golden brown.
4. It is crunchy on the outside and soft in the inside.
5. Enjoy the double taste of a muffin and a cookie in one recipe.