Today I didn’t want to cook, so asked Shoj to cook for me. He made this delicious fish curry with catfish fillets. Actually, he cooks fast and with less ingredients which makes me feel “was it so easy?”. I feel happy and proud when he says me to give his recipe a last final touch (either to taste or add something that might miss….), but he is perfect.
2 Catfish fillet, washed and cut into square pieces
1 medium sized Onion chopped
2 Tomatoes cut to cubes
1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
1 sprig Curry leaves
3 Green chilies
½ Turmeric powder
1 tsp Chili powder
½ tsp Cumin powder
½ Coriander powder
¼ tsp Fenugreek powder
Salt to taste
3 Kokum (Kerala Puli)
¼ tsp Mustard Seeds
1 tbsp Oil
----------1. Wash the Kokum and soak in water.
2. In a heavy bottom pan add oil, when the oil is hot add mustard seeds.
3. As the mustard seeds start to sputter add ginger-garlic paste fry it for a min.
4. Reduce the flame to low now add turmeric powder, chili powder, coriander powder and cumin powder and salt and stir until the raw smell of the masala is gone.
5. Now add the onions and fry until golden brown.
6. Add the kokum and water, tomatoes, curry leaves, green chilies and fish and cook for about 20 mins or until the fish is cooked.
7. Serve it hot with steamed rice.
8. Enjoy this easy and delicious fish curry (Any husband/bachelor can make this ;-))