Cooking and blogging often collectively called as "Blooking" are making news everywhere.It was when I was all alone and just idling at home, I realized that I could also write a blog and do something that was in my style. But it could not last for long as I got an admission into school and started my Master's program and I got so very busy. But I do make it a point to keep writing something on my blog here and keep it going.
One of the wonderful sites that I have come across for vegetarians and vegans and for all baking needs is http://www.chefinyou.com. This website is an amazing one with lots of efforts by DK. My Eggless Chocolate Cake is also tried and recreated from the same site by DK.I have used all the ingredients in the same quantity as mentioned in the above recipe with a few changes. I have changed the proportion by doubling the quantity of all the ingredients. But, the final product turned out as delicious as it was promised.I have made a few changes in the decoration part of the final cake presentation.
This cake can be made in a jiffy and is eggless. It can be a perfect cake during breakfast or tea-time and I am sure all the members at home - kids or adults will surely love it. Here is how I made it.
Eggless Chocolate Cake
All Purpose Flour / Maida - 2 cup
Cocoa Powder - 4 table spoon (I used Hershey's cocoa powder)
Baking Powder - 2 teaspoons
Baking Soda - 1 teaspoon
Melted Butter - 1 cup
Sweetened Condensed milk - 1 can
Vanilla essence - 2 teaspoons
Whole milk - 100ml
Vanilla Frosting - 1/2 can
Chocolate chips - 1/2 cup
m & m's - A few
- Sift all the dry ingredients - All purpose flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and baking soda and mix all of these together so that they can be blended well.
- Add the remaining ingredients such as sweetened condensed milk, melted butter, vanilla essence and mix it well along with 100 ml of whole milk using a spatula or a whisk.
- Pour this mixture onto a greased baking dish that is of 8" in diameter.Tap the dish as you are pouring so that the incorporated air bubbles can be removed.
- Bake this at a temperature of 180°C or 360°F for roughly about 30 minutes.At the end of 20 minutes insert a fork in the cake to check if it emerges out clean.
- Once the cake is done, allow it to cool and unmould it from the baking dish.
- Once the cake is completely cooled, take a spreader or a butter knife and spread out vanilla frosting over the cake.
- Decorate it with some chocolate chips and m & m's.
- This cake is ready and looks absolutely delicious and tastes heavenly.