Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Salmon Potato Curry




I was very busy from morning because I had to drop and pick up Anush from school and didn’t get time to make any lunch for both of us. As Anush likes to eat fish and he was hungry and I didn’t have time to think/cook a time consuming recipe. So I thought of making fish curry and came up with this recipe because I had boiled potatoes. It was easy and was done in 10 mins and tasted so good.

Ingredients:
---------------
½ lb Salmon steak
1 big Tomato
1 tbsp Curry powder ( I used Jamaican Curry powder)
1 tsp black Pepper powder
Salt to taste
1 tsp Olive oil

Method:
----------
1. Cut the salmon steak to bite size pieces.
2. Cut the boiled potatoes to bite size pieces.
Chop the tomatoes.
3. In pan add oil, when the oil is medium hot add all the ingredients and mix well and add ¼ cup of water.
4. Cover with lid and cook for about 5 to 6 mins until the tomatoes are cooked and soft.
5. Open the lid and cook again for about 2 mins on low flame until u have a thick gravy.
6. Serve this easy n tasty recipe with rice.