One of my favorite seafood is Shrimp. It's easy to cook and very tasty. I came up with this recipe, as I got this freshly baked bread and could not wait to taste it ...especially when grilled and combined with shrimp.
The day before, I tried the same recipe with mushrooms....It was as good as the shrimp (sorry could not wait until I could capture the picture in my camera :-)). I am mentioning this to satisfy the veggie lovers. :-)
I would like to share some nutrition aspects of shrimp. Shrimp is high in calcium, iodine and protein and low in food energy. A shrimp-based meal is also significant source of cholesterol. Shrimp consumption, however, is considered healthy for the circulatory system because the lack of significant levels of saturated fat in shrimp means that the high cholesterol content in shrimp actually improves the ratio of LDL to HDL cholesterol and lowers triglycerides.
6 slices of Calabrese bread/Focaccia bread/ciabatta Baguette
Note: Use can use any kind of Italian bread too which has bit hard and crunchy outside and soft inside.
20 Shrimp – divined and cleaned and cut into small pieces
1 bunch Green onions – chopped
¼ tsp Garlic powder
½ tsp Ginger powder
1 tbsp Hoisin sauce
Salt to taste
pinch of Sugar (optional)
1 tsp White pepper powder
1 tsp Red pepper flakes
2 green Chilies chopped finely
1 small Onion chopped finely
1 tsp Olive oil
1. In a pan add olive oil and when it’s medium hot add 1 tbsp butter, when the butter melts add the onions and sauté it until it turns transparent.
2. Add the chopped green onion stems and shrimp, garlic powder, ginger powder, hoisin sauce has salt in it, pinch of sugar, white pepper powder, red chili flakes and chopped green chilies sauté all these for about 5 mins or until the shrimp is cooked on a medium high heat. sauce, salt it needed as the
3. Mean while take the bread slices and brush both the sides with Olive oil.
4. Heat a grilling pan and place the slices in a slanting position so that u can get nice grill marks on the bread. 5. To get nice flat crispy bread and nice grill marks u can place a flat pan on top of the bread slices and press down a bit and hold for a min.
6. Remove the slices on to a plate.
7. Check the shrimp and finally garnish with chopped green onions.
8. Take spoon full of the shrimp and place on the bread and eat it when it is warm.
Note: I tried the same recipe with chopped mini Bella Mushrooms instead of shrimp. It was as good as the shrimp. This would be a good alternative for veggie lovers. (Sorry could not capture it in my camera).