Friday, September 10, 2010

Tandoori Roti Pizza


Today we (myself and Shoj) were busy talking with Anush, asking about what he did in school. I completely forgot that I didn't prepare anything for dinner. So I decided to make something fast and yet delicious. 
Some days back I saw another blog where the blogger tried to make pizza out of Indian naan. I did have a packet of frozen tandoori roti instead of naan, I thought why not try it with naan with bit variations with whatever I have at home. So here is the recipe....you can also try with whatever ingredients you have at home.

Ingredients:
------------
1 packet Frozen Tandoori Roti Packet
3 Tbsp Hot mango chutney
1 tsp Red pepper flakes
1 cup Fontana Cheese/fresh mozzarella cheese shredded (I used Fontana cheese)
¾ cup Pasta/pizza sauce (I used sweet basil pasta sauce)
4 slices of Oven Roasted Turkey/ user choice of meat or paneer (if you are vegetarian)

Method:
--------
1. Preheat oven to 400F or the package instructions to warm the Tandoori Roti.
2. In a bowl mix the hot mango chutney and pasta/pizza sauce.
3. Place the tandoori roti baking sheet, spread the mixed sauce, on top arrange the turkey/any meat/panner and spread the cheese.
4. Bake in oven for about 2 mins.
5. Remove from oven cut into slices with pizza cutter.
6. Enjoy your Indian pizza. For extra spice add red pepper flakes.