Hmm...Slow sunday morning...had time to experiment a little :-). Opened up my fridge to see what I had...green pepper and tomatillo? OK...I need to come up with a recipe out of this to eat along with dosa. I started to cut and cube the green peppers and tomatillo but still was thinking what to make out of it. Anyways, we always eat chuney/pachad with dosa's. So came up with this wonderful spicy finger-licking recipe. If you want to eat with dosa call it chutney and with rice call it pachadi.... :-))
1 medium Green pepper cubed (seeds removed)
1 small onion sliced
2 medium Tomatillo cubed
2 Green chilies chopped
2 pods Garlic
1 handful of Mint leaves and Cilantro
½ tsp Cumin seeds
¼ tsp Asafetida
a small piece of tamarind (optional)
Salt to taste
2 tsp oil
½ tsp Mustard seeds
1. In a pan add ½ tsp oil, add cumin seeds, green chilies, onion, garlic and asafetida and fry until golden brown.
3. Add the mint leaves, cilantro and tamarind and stir for min. cool it.
4. Grind it in a mixer and keep aside in a bowl.
5. In another pan add rest of the oil, when it is hot add mustard seeds and when they sputter. Off the flame and mix this seasoning into the pachadi.
6. Serve this with dosa/steamed rice.