Wednesday, September 07, 2011

Apple Chips



Few of my friends pointed out few bugs in my old template and thought of solving them yesterday. But, I couldn't fix them and ended up in changing the template. I guess everything looks fine with the new template. If anyone of you find any problems like slow loading, content overlapping or non-functionality of widget, please let me know.









Coming to the recipe, I baked this apple chips for a day out. A perfect healthy snack which make us to feel light, especially when you are going for a picnic or a day out. When I first tasted the store bought one, bookmarked it and with the help of purple foodie's how to make apple chips, I prepared them in my way and baked them. Believe me, they are wonderful, loved it for no reason. Many thanks to purple foodie for this recipe.



I added cinnamon powder to taste. It is up to you to choose cinnamon powder or sugar for garnishing before eating.



Basic Information:
Preparation Time: <10 minutes
Cooking Time: 1.5-2 hours or depends on the oven
Serves: 2





Ingredients:



Apples - 2 nos, gala, granny smith or any firm variety

Cinnamon powder - 1/2 teaspoon



Method:



1) Preheat the oven to 80c(175F).

2) Wash and slice the apples as shown in picture.







3) Put them in baking sheet without overlapping the slices.







4) Bake it for 1.5 hours to 2 hours or bake them till it gets crisp.
Baking time differs depends and sometimes exceeds the mentioned time
based on the oven and the size of apple slices.

5) Once done, take out the baking tray and allow it to cool completely. It will become more crispy when it cools.

6) Sprinkle cinnamon powder and serve.







Sending this recipe to Ramya's ABC Series-A for Apple