Thursday, September 01, 2011

Vinayaka Chathurthi - Brwon Rice Kudumulu/ Kozhukattai with Nuts Dry Fruit Sesame Coconut Filling, Coconut Brown Chickpeas Sundal, Laddu, Broken Wheat Kheer and Tomato Veggie Pulav





This is one of the Indian festivals which I like most, when I was in India, because we get the Ganesha Idol home, decorate the idol with new jewelry, sari and with Chandanam and Kumkum with a beautiful Umbrella/Godugu for the God....I used to be responsible for decorating God and used to be very happy and proud. But after coming to US, I miss this very much.:-(

Ganesha Chaturthi is the Hindu Festival of Ganesha, the son of Shiva and Parvathi, who is believed to bestow his presence on earth for all his devotees in the duration of this festival. It is the birthday of Ganesha who is widely worshiped as the God of Wisdom, Prosperity and Good Fortune.

I made this "Lord Ganesha" Idol and the little "Mouse" with clay and coated with Sandal Wood paste and decorated him. My son was so excited and happy to see me making this. :)





On this beautiful festive day....I prepared:
(Click on the links to view the recipes)

1. Brown rice Kudumulu/ Kozhukattai with Nuts, Dry Fruit and Coconut Filling.

2. Nuts, Dry Fruit and Coconut Laddu.

3. Coconut Brown Chickpeas Sundal.

4. Broken Wheat Kheer.

5. Tomato Veggie Pulav.