Pachadi is a yogurt based simple recipe which can be made with or without the usage of coconut. I thought of making this pachadi bit more colorful and of course healthy than the usual cucumber pachadi. I had lot of carrots in my fridge so thought of making one with carrots.
1 large Carrot grated
1-2 Green Chili chopped
1/4 inch Ginger grated or chopped
1 tbsp Desiccated Coconut or fresh grated coconut
1 cup thick yogurt
1 sprig Curry Leaves
1-2 Dry Red Chili
1/2 tsp Mustard seeds
1/2 tsp Cumin seeds
1/2 tsp Oil
1/4 tsp Asafoetida
Salt as needed
1. In a sauce pan add oil and and when it's hot enough add the mustard seeds, when they start to sputter add the cumin seeds, dry red chili and asafoetida.
2. Then add the curry leaves and green chilies saute it until it turns crispy.
3. Now add the salt and carrots and saute it for about 3-4 mins on medium high flame so that it is bit sauted and the moisture is gone completely.
4. Off the flame and let it cool for a 1min.
5. Whisk the yogurt to a smooth consistency, add the carrots and check on the salt, add more if necessary and serve it cold or at room temperature.
Click on the link for rest of the Onam Sadya Recipes.....