This recipe is also a modified original recipe. The original recipes has only carrots but I added fennel too because fennel has this natural sweetness to it.
I made this recipe with the combination of Oven Fried Chicken. These two combination rocked! You can spice it up with pepper as much as you like, I made is spicier to give the recipe a kick. ;-)
-------------2 1/2 tablespoons butter
2 1/2 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1 pound baby carrots, quartered lengthwise
1 bulb fennel cored and sliced lengthwise
1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
1. In a medium skillet, heat the butter, sugar, and salt over medium-high heat, stirring until smooth.
2. Add the carrots and fennel and toss to coat.
3. Cover and reduce the heat to medium.
4. Simmer for 15 minutes or until the carrots are tender and glazed.
5. Top with black pepper. Serve hot or warm.